Applications are invited from students at the following establishments only
Royal College of Art
Central St. Martins College of Art and Design
Scholarships are normally in the range £1,000 - £4,000.
- Scholarships are available for study in any weaving-related discipline, eg technology, design, management etc.
- Applications are invited from undergraduates who have completed at least one year of study and from postgraduate students.
- Applicants must demonstrate a special interest in weaving or woven textiles.
- Applicants must be British subjects.
- Applications must be supported by a reference from the Course Tutor. For students beginning a postgraduate course, the referee should be their undergraduate Tutor.
- Applications must be submitted to the student's Head of Department for approval and counter-signature. The Head of Department will pass the applications to the Company.
- Students seeking funding for a post-graduate course should send the form to their post-graduate Head of Department
- Applicants will be advised of the Company's decision in December.
Stuart Hollander Memorial Scholarship
Please click here to download the application form
The Company's premier scholarship commemorates the life and work of Stuart Hollander, CBE a member of the Company, who played a significant role in the textile industry. It comprises an additional cash award of £1,000 together with a short course of study in a different but related discipline, which complements the student's main work.
- Applicants for the Company's scholarships are automatically considered for this award.
- Short-listed candidates are invited for interview at the Company's offices in November. Travel expenses are met.
- The cash award is conditional on the winner's agreement to undertake the study course and submit a short report to the Company. The course is timed to avoid disruption to study or other commitments